Blogarchive

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Arrived!

The first impression I had of Madagascar last night was darkness.. When the plane was right over Antananarivo we saw only the lights from the airport and nothing else. We got out of the plane, and the feeling of actually being in Madagascar was amazing! The air was warm and I was really happy to finally be at the destination. After waiting at the airport for 3 hours to buy a visa, we finally got to meet our contact-person and drove to the hotel. It was no people in the streets, and everything was really quiet.

Today we have been going through the program for our stay, went out to buy some English-Malagasy dictionaries, and got to see some of the city.. I said that it was quiet when we arrived, not anymore! At daytime it is people everywhere! and the traffic is really mindblowing! I don't think there are any rules in the traffic, and kids are running in the middle of the road where there are cars and buses driving really fast.  It is so different from Norway, and I am really glad we had a great guide that could show us how things work here. Our guide was a former Green Network participant, and her name is Mirana.

I have been here less than 24 hours, and already I have a lot of impressions; but I think I have written enough of them now, and I will get back to some of them later..

This is our room, six beds for two girls..

This is the view from the door of our room:

This is a picture of a part of Antananarivo, taken from a moving taxi:

Julie and our great guide:

1 comment:

  1. WOW!!! Dette er helt fantastisk kult!! :D
    Jeg vet ikke hva jeg skal si, jeg bare håper alt er bra og at dere finner dere til rette på Madagaskar :)

    ReplyDelete